Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hoping to see a hopping rabbit

Easter is one of those holidays that I still kind of like, or rather this is the only one that I still like. Actually, I don't feel all excited about it, but at the same time I don't feel like spreading all my hatred around me as I do before Christmas.

What I really appreciate in Easter is the Saturday that precedes the actual 'big day'. In all house you can smell a scent of food that your mother prepares for the next day, of cress that you have sown a week before and a weak scent of blossoming trees from your garden. Although I don't go to church, I take part in preparations of basket which is sacred during the mass on Saturday. I love painting Easter eggs! In last two years I didn't have a chance to do it, because my parents gave all the eggs to my little sister without telling me. They thought that I don't like to do it anymore. All right, I am 20 years old already, but I still enjoy putting some patterns and colours on eggs! This year my mom cooked only two so there was just one for me and one for my sister. Of course my sister protested, because she wanted both for herself, but why should I listen to this little kid?

 Since I have some rabbit mania or however they call it, I drew a lot of bunnies on it. Having finished my egg I started to sculpt a lamb with butter. It has become my task about 4 years ago. The first time was really hard, because I didn't know how to start it, but now it is easy for me, so it takes me less than half an hour.
This year we celebrated Easter in our house. We invited both my gradmothers, my grandpa, my uncle with his family and my aunt with her daughter Alex. Otherwise she is my cousin, she also one of my best friends, so I wasn't bored with all those adults around (well, we're also adults, but you know what I'm talking about). Altogheter, there was 14 people in my house. And one dog. Fortunately I live in big semi-detached house, so there was plenty of space.

It was a really nice day, all of my closest family members were together, my grandfather told a lot of jokes, so there was a moments when I couldn't stop laughing with my brother, we all together had a walk around a nerby pond and I took a long, refreshing nap with Alex (this is our tradition, we always take a nap when we visit each other c:).

As the other holidays, Easter passed in the blink of an eye. Fortunately, there are still a lot of golden bunnies to eat! I love bunnies.

No comments :

Post a Comment