Thursday, May 22, 2014

Testing tasty things

Food is the best thing in the world and no one could change my opinion. I love trying something new, so I was a little bit excited abot my first Restaurant Day on which I went the last weekend. It's a special day, when people can open their own small restaurant or bakery and sell their products. From the very beginning I decided, that I would buy and try some pies. A cheesecake was a must-have for me, because it's my favourite kind of pie so far. Me and my friend Nathalie, we bought a three pieces to share. Our choice fell on two tarts: one with strawberries and basil cream and the second one with yogurt flavor and forest fruits. We also ordered one piece of cheesecake (of course): with rose hip and pistachio. Each pie was really delicious, especially the tart with basil, but the cheesecake disappointed me a little bit, because the rose hip flavor wasn't very strong in it. After all these sweetness I had to eat something more salty, so I bought a hamburger with a salad inside and spicy sauce. It was quite tiny, but  big enough to full up my stomach completly. That's how I spent my Saturday. On Sunday my dad decided (spontaneously) to make some sushi. Usually we just buy sushi, so it was another interesting experience for me. My dad is quite good in making sushi, he had the opportunity to learn this from my uncle in Ireland. For me, it was the second time preparing this Japanese dish, so I had to learn from the beginning how to roll it properly. I have to admit that our homemade sushi came out really tasty. But we had to be careful-there were a few pieces that were a trap! Unfortunately, my dad is not reasonable if we talk about seasoning. In two rolls, that were cut later, he put too much wasabi-the spiciest thing in the world. I don't know if my dad is a lucky man or he just has a strong palate, but he was the only person that didn't cry even once during that dinner.

No comments :

Post a Comment