Monday, June 23, 2014

Wondering about a wonderful wander


Every now and then there comes a day, when you need to take a little break from your current issues and go somewhere. That's what me and my parents did one week ago. We packed some warm clothes and my little sister to our van and we set off for the mountains, taking three of our close friends on the way.
 It wasn't our first trip like that and I hope it won't be the last one. This time we've decided to spend a weekend in Karkonosze Mountains. We rented a small apartment in a town Szklarska Poręba. We've divided into pairs, because the rooms were accommodated up to two people, but I refused sharing a room with my sister. She is just too loud in her sleep, so I have big problems with falling asleep when I'm with her in one room. In that case I ended up on the couch, but it was ok, I had the whole living room just for me, so I could stay late at night without disturbing anybody. But they woke me up early, just to eat in the salon and that wasn't fine at all.
 We've arrived late at night on Friday, so we did nothing besides watching a football game on tv and drinking beer, but on Saturday morning we went for a walk to the Karkonosze National Park. It was a really rainy day, so a walk to the forest was the only thing that we could do, but I was fine with just that. I love wandering through the woods, admiring these beautiful green around me. What's the best in the mountain forests is that there's a lot of streams and waterfalls. Besides my rabbitmania, I have some kind of obsession related with streams. I just love the sound they make and the way they stream down from the mountain slopes, among moss and stones. Even if the weather was really bad, I was in a quite good mood.
On Sunday, when the sun has finally shown up, we decided to reach a peak of Szrenica. We didn't want to come back late to Poznań that day, so we could not go on foot, because of lack of time. Fortunately, there is a chair lift, thanks to which we could get on the top of the mountain in just 30 minutes. It was my first experience with that kind of lift and I really loved it. What about Szrenica...the view from the peak of the mountain was breathtaking. The possibility to see the small towns down there and the others hills around us, covered by the clouds, was simply amazing. After an hour of walking we arrived to a nearby weather station. From there we could admire to glacial cirques, called Śnieżne Kotły. I was only regretting, that we couldn't go down and take a close look at them, but there we were standing was also beautiful. All the surroundings reminded me of those that we can see in the movie The Lord of the Rings. Unfortunately, we hadn't a lot of time to enjoy the landscapes, because the chair lift was open just to 4 pm and we should have also considered that we needed one hour to get there back. Luckily, we made it at time.It was a short trip, just a two days, but it's actually good enough to me. I rested a little bit, I photographed a lot of charming streams, but you know what they say- home, sweet home.. :)









Holidays are just around the corner and there will be a plenty of time to rest again. I have in plans a travel to Ireland with my parents and my little sister (words can't even express how happy I am that she goes with us..) and maybe some job, so I'm taking a long hiatus from blogging, just like the others probably. So, just for now, I'm saying 'See you!' and 'Have a wonderful holidays!' to all of you :)


1 comment :

  1. Definitely it is the quality not the quantity that matters in the case of your blog. That is why I think you deserve a full credit for your posts, though they are so scarce. Write more! Nobody will burn you at the stake for spelling mistakes, believe me. And your anime-like sketches are superb.

    ReplyDelete